How To Be Saved From Sin...
Sin is explained and identified in the Bible (1 John 3:4; 5:17; James 4:17; Romans 14:5,23).
Spiritually, sin separates you and me from God now (Isaiah 59:1-2) and dooms us to eternal separation in hell (Matthew 25:41).
We can not save ourselves from sin by our own efforts (Matthew 19:23-26; Titus 3:4-7).
God's amazing grace makes salvation from sin possible for us – but only through Jesus Christ (Isaiah 53:5; Hebrews 2:9; Ephesians 1:7).
Only the sinners who obey God will receive salvation from sin (Matthew 7:21; Hebrews 5:9).
The Bible teaches that this divinely-required obedience includes these actions...
- We must hear the gospel of Jesus Christ (Romans 10:14,17).
- We must believe in Jesus Christ (Acts 16:30-33).
- We must repent of all of our past sins (Acts 17:30-31).
- We must confess our faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 8:35-37).
- We must be baptized [immersed in water] into Jesus Christ (Acts 8:38; 22:16).
NOTE: This is when His blood washes away our sins for the first time (cf. Ephesians 1:7).
After becoming saved, we must live obediently to remain saved (1 Timothy 4:16; 1 John 1:7).
Eternal life in heaven awaits only those who are righteous (1 Peter 1:3-5; Matthew 25:34).
NOTE: If you have questions about or disagree with the teachings presented on this page, then please contact us. We welcome your feedback!